Sunday, October 14, 2012

I'm here now...and I'm singing



For real, that's how I feel about my mad writing skillz.

I can worship God with singing.  I can worship Him with my guitar.  I can worship Him anywhere at any time.

I have to remind myself that I can also worship Him with my writing.  Sometimes when I write, I don't feel like I'm giving Him my best...so I quit writing.  I've got a lot of not-quite-half-of-a-song songs.

God deserves more than my half-hearted attempts at writing.  I am convicted.

3 comments:

  1. Alleli! I feel the same way. It is so hard to write when you feel like you are weak. Reading your post made me evaluate myself. He has blessed us all with the ability to sing a new song, no matter if it is good or bad; it is all about our hearts! Thanks for the good reminder! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoot I kinda get that vibe, except I don't even try to write those songs. I've totally inscribed in my brain that I am a horrible song writer. So I just focus my time on other things and neglect writing songs. Then when I have to write a song, I force something out. Usually it stinks. So I just don't feel very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We read recently about the collaborative process in music that can bring about a result that is more than simply the sum of the parts, more than an average between contributors. I love squatting on that fact and ignoring that there should also be quality content that I can offer on my own.

    ReplyDelete