Monday, October 22, 2012

Past Living

Let me just share a current frustration with you...

Let me also preface this by saying I have been a PMS mess this past week.

I have seen so many of my fellow peers stuck in how things used to be.  Classes looked a certain way. People performed a certain way. Certain things were expected out of certain people.  Certain emotions were to be felt on certain occasions. Yuck!

Guess what? Change is okay.

Like I talked about a few weeks ago, I had a lot of change happen my senior year of high school.  Getting a new youth pastor in particular was especially difficult.  I had the same youth pastor for 6 years. Why did things have to change the last year I was going to be living in town? I dug in my heels that whole year hoping if I held out long enough, things would go back to the way they used to be.

I missed out on so much.

My peers are missing out on so much.

I had a wise friend once tell me, "If you're not changing, you're not growing." I see God doing great things at our school despite our human nature.  We are a flawed community, but we love the Lord.  I don't understand how we can expect God to move in us and around us if we're resisting change. How can we expect to grow spiritually and in our vocation if we're resisting change?

I'm excited to witness and experience the massive amounts of change that are just around the corner. Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment